Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Finally able to get my hands dirty again...here's my latest project.

Neal and I decided to makeover our home office into a office/lounge area.  The only new items purchased were the trunk (Home Goods) and the couch from Nebraska Furniture Mart (clearance baby!)  Oh and the T.V. (on sale at Best Buy)  I found the mirror at a local antique store and all the frames are from the Salvation Army.  A good wipe down and a fresh coat of spray paint was all it took.  The photos in the frames are all pictures I took and had printed in B&W at Walgreens.  Neal and I found this desk and chair a couple years ago at a Antique mall I think we paid $120 for both!!! (A steal)  I have shopped around at stores locally and that desk alone could sell for $175-230.  And last but certainly not least, the chandelier.  We found this beauty at a antique mall in Prairie Village for $79, some high gloss white spray paint was all it needed to make the room look sophisticated.  The wall paint color is Sterling from the Laura Ashley line at Lowes, such a calming color for a room that gets a ton of natural light.  


Here are the before's and after's, enjoy!




                                                                           Before





After





Had to throw this one in there too!  Such a good model. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment